Looking for a Place to Start in Composing Your Best Kitchen?
It’s an oft-used phrase, but the Kitchen – YOUR Kitchen – really is the heart of your home. It’s also the most expensive room in the house, and the most used. So, it should WORK, should it not? This ‘room of all rooms’ should function and flow – AND still be beautiful enough to want to spend time in.
Are you looking to Renovate or Build New a Kitchen this year? You found the best place to start. I’d love to help!! I’m bringing all my years of Architecture, Art, Interiors & Culinary experience to focus on KITCHENS and it’s absolutely the best. I feel like the past has always been leading me here, to create incredible Kitchens for you!
STEP ONE :
Get a few ducks in a row before we can cook’ em.
- Measure up your space (see my eBook guide to Measuring!) – and don’t forget to include any/all adjacent spaces!
- Take photos / video of the Existing to be able to use for discussing what you have / need, like / hate, etc.
- Check out my Portfolio, Houzz, Pinterest, etc and grab a few images you love to discuss for style, color, and any particulars.
- Assess what you have that you want to keep (i.e. a Range you just bought) and jot down a list of sizes/details.
STEP TWO :
You’re ready! Let’s chat.
You can connect with me via the ‘CONTACT’ page and drop a note saying you’re interested in working together. We’ll share some info, and set up a time to chat on Zoom or Google Meet.
In our communication, we’ll assess how much or how little help you might need. Sometimes it’s just a bit of helpful feedback, sometimes it’s a full service package to Permits – I’m here for whatever you need.
STEP THREE :
Now that we’ve met, let’s get busy!
In our chat we’ll have determined which level of service you need for your unique project and narrow the scope to suit the size of your space. But don’t worry – as projects evolve, so can the services as needed.
- An hour of advice and feedback via Email – sometimes you just need someone to bounce ideas off!
- A few hours of exploring potential layouts to find the best functioning one for your personal needs.
- Partial Design from advice to layouts to cabinet specifics to notes on countertops, lighting, and more that you can then finish up with your Contractor.
- Full Design from everything above to providing wall elevations, a 3D sketch, color/finish Palette page, and coordinating Structural/Electrical/Mechanical as needed, to providing Permit ready drawings.
STEP FOUR :
Time to Build! It’s going to be great!!
If you’re on the Full Design package, we can Zoom as needed to get things just right. Don’t have the Full Design package? You can always grab an hour of advice as needed!
Need some more practical help? E-Books are here!
You can download helpful E-Books here >
Extra TIPS & Helpful Information
I’ve pulled together some of my favorite Instagram LIVES, produced videos and anything that might help you end up with the best Kitchen possible.
Kitchen Design with the Home Kitchen
Helpful Posts & Videos on Kitchen Design
We’re starting our conversations about Appliances with uber-knowledgeable Stephan Byns of Midland Appliances
Helpful Tips from Stephan Byns of Midland Appliances
Intro to Appliances SERIES
Posts with Midland Appliance
It’s no secret I love my new Range! I took a chance on a lesser-known piece, and it really paid off. Wonder what it’s all about?
Conversations with Dan Nichol of Caliber Appliances
Why I chose Caliber – Blog Post
Without the budget for a fully customized Kitchen, I had two choices – ALL Ikea, or a gorgeous hybrid of Ikea & Switchdoor. Here are some details!